Thursday 7 April 2016

5 minutes of fame - 2 models get featured in this month's Visions - Loken and Mephiston!



Greetings chaps. This was, as Dan put it to me, a hobby milestone for me. This month I had the honour of having not just one but two models of mine featured in Warhammer visions. I stopped buying the magazine after the first year but had to invest in this months after Dan alerted me to it. The pictures were taken at the open day at WHW end of last year. I saw one of the models get taken off to be photographed and so secretly hoped it would turn up in print one day. The models in question are my Mephiston conversion on page 93 (labelled with a typo as Jamis rather than Jamie - I blame my poor handwriting) and my Loken (page 89), which was entered under Dan's name as you can only enter one model at a time. So, although my name isn't against either of them technically I did get two models in print. Very proud and love the way they look in studio photographed conditions. Cheers. 


7 comments:

  1. Congrats Jimbo! This is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I already said it on WhatsApp but congratulations mate. Dare I even say I don't think they're even your best work. Still better than anything I've ever done but there are some gems in your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well done! Great work there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words chaps. Think as well as the 'volume' aspects of hobby I'm dealing with at the mo (mainly basing and basecoating) I should get myself a nice showcase model to focus on as it's been a while.

    ReplyDelete