Thursday 27 January 2011

Legion of the Lost

Legion of the Lost

These chaps were an idea I came up with whilst reading the flight of the Eisenstein HH book. I thought, 'wouldn't it be cool to have a unit that represent the pre-heresy legions prior to turning traitor?' Then it occured to me, the fluff for such a unit wouldn't be so different from the fluff behind the Legion of the Damned, and so were born the Legion of the Lost, last representatives or the honour of Legions lost made manifest. Whichever you prefer.

The modelling for these hit a huge snag right up until the moment FW releases their resin kits. Then I managed to get them finally finished. The tenth warrior is a Son of Horus - I did think about doing a Dark Angel instead but in the end relented as I wanted to try the green paint scheme for the SoH. The Iron Warrior is magnetised (the backpack/weapon/right arm are all one piece) so I can swap out weapons with them. I haven't used this unit yet as I wanted to fully paint it before showing it on the battlefield. Bases will be black with some cotton wool to act like etheric mist - simple, yet effective I hope.





No comments:

Post a Comment