Sunday 18 April 2021

Blood ravens update, new decals, army 70% done



Greetings all. A rather unexpected project was an update to my blood ravens. I would say the army is painted to 80% of my highest standard in that I haven’t highlighted them, but all the basecoats and shading are applied. 

I had previously done some freehand for the shoulder pads but it never looked great and so I always wanted to revisit things later. I did try my own decals printed but they didn’t come out very well. I ultimately bought a set off eBay (based on a sheet from a forum made some years ago) but the decals were too thick and hard to apply. After feeding back to the seller he provided me more which were near perfect. 

It was a bit of a slog as not only did I have to remove the fineliner ink but I also had to build the layers back up to ushabti bone before applying the new decal. Took a fair few weeks but the army is now at the stage I am happy to leave the project alone for a while. About 1/3 of the army remains and I hope by end of the year to paint and decal them also. 


No comments:

Post a Comment